Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter

I wish I could say our Easter was full of sunshine but unfortunately the rain gods had other ideas. We started Sunday off when Nicholas JUMPED out of bed to the sound of rain. For most people it would be calming but when you have an unfinished roof and exposed ceiling, it’s dreadful. We threw on rain gear, put the monitor next to Baines and went on the roof. We worked super fast to get it covered. We couldn’t help from laughing… This is our life, covering and uncovering our house with tarps. I think Nicholas can sleep better once the roof is shingled. He is always on high alert for rain. Checking the weather report several times a day and keeping everything ready for the inevitable down pour.

We’re now the neighborhood joke. Whenever they see Nicholas and his dad on the roof working, that means it’s going to rain. So sad but its true…

Other than our usual house drama we had a lovely weekend. We went to Joe & Andrea’s house (brother and sister-in-law) they had the whole family over for an egg hunt and brunch. It’s always nice to slow down once and awhile and spend time with family. I was hoping to get tons of pictures but since the weather was so gloomy we forgot. So I only have these from our house. I am super proud of my first Easter basket. It turned out just as I hoped (That rarely happens for me). I’m not very crafty and I dream bigger than I can accomplish. I planned ahead and made it really simple. I think I might be getting a hang of this Mom thing!




Baines favorite toy is a ball so naturally she loved the eggs. She didn’t even look up when we were taking her pictures. She was just getting to work grabbing everything.









1 comment:

  1. I know I say this a lot but she is a doll. I can't believe how big she is getting! Wish you all lived closer! Looks like you had a fun Easter! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete