Since the last house post we were able to finish the roof rafters and continue to sheet the roof across them. Only one more, but major, section of roof to complete. Here is a picture of it all under wraps (as usual).
We had a break in the rain Tuesday so my Father and I took the day off from work so we could cut back the front of the house and frame/tie in the small front addition to the kitchen and dinning room. This addition needed to be framed before we remove the rest of the roof and get the beams up because they span from the last beams all the way to the new front wall (approx 20 feet). You can see our new front windows will be very different then the originals. My Fathers friend gave us four 6 foot double hung windows he removed from a construction job he was working on and I've been storing them in the garage for almost two years. I also found a really nice 4 foot wide Milgard kitchen window on clearance for $75 from $300 at our local lumbar yard when we were picking up supplies about a month ago, we totally scored. The other two 6 foot windows we have will replace the two front windows on the porch (see photo at end of post).