Sunday, February 14, 2010

14 week- Recap

Since I was out of town the whole week I wasn’t able to post anything. So here is a recap of my week.

- On my flight to Austin the airport was closed and we were stuck in a holding pattern for 45 min until it re opened.
- Rush around to all my appointments in the pouring rain.
- Sleep on uncomfortable cheep hotel beds.
- Had an asthma attack and my inhaler was empty.
- Three of my stores cancelled their appointments.

That wasn’t even the worst part. We were set to fly out from Houston on Thursday at 8:00 pm. Of course that is the day the weather really took a turn for the worst. Our flight was delayed 6 hours because of a snowstorm in Dallas. We had to wait for the plane to get de-iced; they only had one machine to do it and hundreds of planes trying to leave. The airport was packed because of all the cancellation/ delays. Veronica and I had to sit on the floor because there were no seats available. I tried to lie down and sleep but my pregnant body revolted at lying on the hard ground.

Our plane finally made its way to Houston and we ended up boarding at 2:00 am. I was so exhausted and cranky, and to make matters worse we had to sit on the last row (that doesn’t recline). About 45 minutes in to the flight I started to feel really nauseous. I haven’t throw up in weeks. I was in the window seat and I searched for a barf bag, there were none on my row. I couldn’t wait any longer and I had to jump up and push my way past Veronica and the other woman sitting in the isle seat. I ran to the bathroom and it was occupied. This is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to me!!! I had to throw up in the garbage right next to the flight attendants. It really really sucked, I had to explain to the flight attendants that I was pregnant and didn’t have the flu. They were really nice about it but I still felt really bad. I went back to my seat, and tried to sleep for the remaining 2 hours of the flight.

We landed at LAX at 3:50 am. We flew out of Long Beach so I had arranged for Nicholas to pick us up. Well that was when we were supposed to land at 10:30pm. He still came to get us, and I was so happy to see him. We went straight home to bed. I had to work the next day so I was slept till about 9:00am and made my way to work. I would have taken the day off but we had to help pack for our trade show in Las Vegas next week. It never ends…

I’m 15 weeks now and really hoping that next week in Vegas will be much better.


  1. We will be in Vegas the 22-26, are you going to be there then? maybe we can have dinner somewhere? Call us

  2. oh my goodness, i can't beleive you had to sit on the floor and in a seat that doesn't recline. Not to mention having to use a garbage can to puke in. I hope Vegas is much smoother for you and you don't get sick!

  3. I puked in the garbge can next to the flight attendant once. I wasn't pregnant or sick. So embarrasing. At least you won't have to run around on Vegas. Good luck.