Wednesday, May 25, 2011

May 2011

It has been a while since we have posted an update to the blog but there are good reasons for that. A lot of things have happened since we went camping at the end of April. McCall’s mother came down to visit and babysit Baines for a weekend, McCall had her first Mothers day, We went to a friends wedding in San Diego and left Baines with Nana and Papa for her first overnight stay and I was hit by a car riding my bike home from work. Fill whatever free time we had between all that with unpacking/repacking, working on the house, sitting in the ER (again) and dealing with doctors & insurance companies and you can see why finding time to update the blog has been overlooked.

The whole month of May is kind of a blur for me so I’ll just say what is going on now. Baines had her 9ish month doctors visit yesterday and was told she needs to eat more because she is tall and skinny. For height she is in the 85 percentile but for weight she is only in the 25% range. She eats all the time and we give her lots of snacks but she moves 24 hours a day. She dances when she eats, crawls at full speed everywhere she goes and thrashes in her sleep. Looks like were gonna have to step it up and keep food around for her munch on all day.

My right arm is in a cast and I’m not sure how long that will be on. The doctor thinks I tore a ligament in my wrist so I need to get an MRI done to see what’s up. If he is right then I’ll have to have surgery to get that fixed. The cast is really messing with my program at work and with the home construction. Progress has slowed to a craw but we are still doing our best to get some work done. We have until Baines' 1st birthday to get the framing completed and ready for inspection so hopefully I will not be disabled for too much longer.

Here are some pictures that were taken over the last few weeks.





(one gable almost done! They are way more work then I thought they would be)

No comments:

Post a Comment