Thursday, January 7, 2010

If I never eat again…

The hardest part about being pregnant is trying to eat. I hate everything I try and put in my mouth! I have been suffering from nausea since my 6th week. Right now I see no end insight. Everyone keeps telling me that I will be much better after 12 weeks. I think they are lying just to make me feel better. The only think that helps is Ice water (I mean almost frozen), Taco Bell, and Slurpees. I’m sure those are all healthy for a growing baby. I have been trying to eat better but most veggies make it worse. I found carrots will do the trick but now I’m worried the baby will come out orange.

Nicholas is growing tired of my constant complaining too. He think the baby is going to be easier than pregnant me. He has been a trooper, making dinner, getting me ice water, and telling me I still look hot (I know that’s not true). He thought I was faking it until we saw the first ultrasound. It was so much fun to see the excitement on his face when we saw the little thing moving. Now he is beyond excited to have a mini me since that is the only way anyone could match his energy level.

We can’t wait till late February to find out if it’s a boy or girl. Either way I’m sure it will be addicted to Slurpees!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Call! Believe me when I tell you that I know EXACTLY how you feel. You described it perfectly. You seriously never want to eat again & hate every time you have to force something down. I practically lived on ice water with lemon (the lemon really helped me!) for 6 weeks. It's just so weird to never feel like something "sounds good." Plus, it's so emotionally exhausting. I totally thought it would last forever, too. In fact, at 12 weeks, when mine went away, I went in for an ultrasound because waking up not feeling like I had to puke totally freaked me out.

    Hang in there! It will get better. I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby better like Slurpees. All that sugar is the only way it will be able to keep up with Dad. How cool are the ultrasounds? I thought it made all the pain in the ass stuff worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hope you are one of the ones that it does go away at 12 weeks.

    ReplyDelete