Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Baines is 1

Dear Baines,

Today you’re a year old. I can’t believe it! Watching you walk and talk is so weird because I feel like you’re still so little. It seems like just yesterday that I was holding my newborn Bubbies. That was the best day of my life.

We found 4 days before you were born that we needed to delivery you via C-section. I remember thinking all weekend that I would probably go into labor or make myself because I was so nervous for the procedure. The night before your dad and I spend our last remaining moments together alone (it wasn’t as fun as having you there). I thought I would be up all night with butterflies in my stomach but I slept better than I ever have (no offence but you wake me up a lot).

The next morning we woke up ready to meet you. We checking into the hospital at 5:30 am and by 7:00 we were in the surgery room. It took about 15 minutes for them to get you out and when I saw your face my world changed forever.

You were and still are the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. The sound of your soft sweet cry melted my heart. You were so tiny. I’ve never really held or taken care of a newborn. I was afraid I would break you. Lucky for both of us I didn’t. Motherhood came so natural to me.

I have loved like I never thought I could. You make me a better person, a more patient, compassionate, and loving person. You have brought your dad and me closer together. I love him so much for helping make you.

You are amazing and I hope you always know how loved you are. We are so lucky to have you. I can’t wait to celebrate many more birthdays.

I love your guts,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment