Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Halloween

When it becomes Fall if you have kids you need to do the traditional Pumpkin Patch visit.  We didn’t get any pumpkins because they are totally overpriced but Pa’s Pumpkin Patch has a full carnival for kids.  We met some friends there and Baines had so much fun.  We did the Carousel, Pumpkin bounce house, Petting Zoo and her favorite the Pony ride.  I wasn’t sure she would like the ponies since she had to do it without us by her side but as you can see she loved every second.  



The night before Halloween, Baines was in a great mood.  After her bath we put her in the new pink Skelton jammies grandma had sent.  I did notice that her voice sounded a little scratchy that night.  The next morning poor baby girl work up full blown sick.  I stayed home from work to be with her since she couldn’t go to preschool.  She slept in till about 10:00 and then woke up hungry for lunch.  I let her eat spaghetti in our bed (which she gobbled up)  Then she took a late nap and you could tell she felt crappy.  She told us she didn’t want to trick or treat or wear a costume.  I didn’t want her to miss out so we got her up and moving and she agreed to go. 




Every year we meet at Nicholas’ brothers house to trick or treat with our nephews.  Baines had an awesome time and she looked so cute in her Jessie for Toy Story costume.  I even played domestic mom and glued red sequins to her top an hat.   She ignored the sickness and was going to every house saying “Tricker Treat, Please” then “Thanks for da candy”.    She probably would have stayed out longer but she needed to go home.



  

Taking a sick little girl Trick or Treating probably wasn’t our best parenting moment and we paid for it!  She was up all night crying.  I literally had to rock her for about 2 hours to keep her somewhat calm.  Nicholas and I only got a few hours of sleep.  The next day I had to work so we had Nana take her to the Doctor.  So glad we did because the little lady had Strep Throat.  I knew once she started Preschool that she would get sick but I didn’t think we would start out with that.  After 10 days of Penicillin (which I’m allergic too but luckily she was not, also this was her antibiotic ever) she’s back to her healthy self.
PS. She’s looking at herself in the mirror in the video.  I did her hair like “Mommy’s”


No comments:

Post a Comment